FOOD!… We all have our favorite things we cannot go without and so do your characters. For me it’s the belly warming, cheese infused, meat LASAGNA and TACOS.
Is your character hungry?
Have you been writing since 4AM? Is your writing flow on fire and you cannot stop to do a search for that perfect scrumptious menu item your character needs?
- What is your character’s obsessive craving?
- What food is at the top of the list?
- Is there a fetish for Tacos or Pickles?
- On a stake out and need a quick bite?
- Ordering dinner at a NYC fine restaurant?
How about a menu list to take care of that problem?
NOTE: As always it is given you are familiar with just about everything collected. The point of this is to help solve a problem while you are creating. You can always research and discover everything yourself. This is all about the SPARK and to Keep things flowing…to solve the problem quickly or even be a place holder until you can find what is perfect for you.
(Click on the foods to see images, help write your descriptions, and get other ideas )
Gouda on a muffin
Country fried steak
Bagel and Coffee
Biscuit and gravy
Corned Beef Hash and Eggs
Country Potato Casserole
Chicken fried steak and eggs with gravy
Hash browns and toast
Vanilla yogurt with fruit and bran
Grapefruit with sugar
Fried egg on toast
Fresh spinach omelet
Pancakes topped with butter rum
Honey dew melon
Slice of NYC Pizza
Lemon-Pepper Vinaigrette Salad
Roast beef Sandwich
Mac n Cheese
Pita and Hummus
French Cheese Fries
Steak and Potatoes
Fish and Chips
Burrito Rice and Beans
Roasted Basel Chicken
Panfried Pork Chops
Spicy Beef w/Bell Peppers
Leg of Lamb
Buttermilk Fried Chicken
PLACES TO EAT IN CASE YOUR CHARACTER IS HUNGRY IN ONE OF THESE CITIES:
(want to know what they are serving? Click on them to go to menus.)
Eat in LA:
The Ivy Restaurants
800 Degrees Neapolitan Pizzeria
101 Noodle Express
Roscoe’s House of Chicke ‘N Waffles
MIDNIGHT FRIDGE RAID:
Chips an Salsa
Spoonful of peanut butter
Bag of pretzels
BIG BOWL OF CERAL
Chunk of Cheese
Leftover a’La Carte
Keep on reading… for a little shift in the focus in this post…. Take one of these below and add it to something from above to help you create something cool.
NEED A QUICK JACKHAMMER:
Solid Brick, Dark Side for the Dance Club, Liquid Sugar, Lima Beam, Grand Daddy Short Legs, Gray Sun Rocks, Thunder Shakes, Mind Joggers
BREAKER BAR “Defined ~ Just when you thought you knew what I was going to write…”
- Thunder Shakes
- Ticket to no success
- I am on top of the pincushion
- Mass Construction
- Breaker 1-20
- Drop in the Barrel
- Beating around the Giant Redwood
- Chow Up
- Lima Beam
- Gut Smelling
- Icing on the roof
- If it is not one thing, it’s nothing
- Kick start your bad habit
- Don’t hold your lungs
- Hit the spot inside the hole
- Firing on all players
- Granddaddy short legs
- Dark side of the dance club
Defined ~ “A great prop properly placed builds character”…what can you build your character with?
- Detective Robert Goren – an obnoxious size black notebook
- Bull Durham – White and Blue stripped tighty whites
- The Deer Hunter – The Head Wrap
- Pulp Fiction – BMF Wallet
- Rocky – Red, White, and Blue boxing shorts
- Forrest Gump – To many, but the best is a box of chocolate
- Casablanca – Piano
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High – Pizza
- The Shawshank Redemption – Rock Hammer
- Lord of the Rings – Well…You know… the ring
HOT TOPIC OF THE POST:
Quick look at the COFFEE SHOP BUSINESS:
- Revenue from coffee shops exceed 10 Billion per year.
- Personal income and consumer taste drive demand.
- Baristas are trained coffeemakers.
- Special ground coffee and pressurized hot water makes espresso.
- The typical customer for a coffee shop is 25 to 45, affluent, and educated, which includes including college students and young adults.
- The world’s importer of coffee is the US.
- The temperature to take full advantage of brewing coffee must be between 195 and 205 degrees Fahrenheit
- There is an Anti-Starbucks movement by people looking for independent shops and more unique experiences.
- I will drink convenient store tar, but highly prefer the good stuff.
- Finally, yes they serve TEA too!… 🙂
HALF-BAKED – COFFEE SHOP MOVIE IDEA :Renee Whithall met her husband at a college bar and her lover at a coffee shop. She quickly realizes beer and coffee do not mix well. The cream and sugar is what she needs daily, but getting stiff drink every now and then is what keeps things sane.
EXTRA SPECIAL BONUS: Some favorite foods of former presidents
- Thomas Jefferson – Ice cream, pancakes, spoon breads, vegetables
- Zachary Taylor – Creole food
- Ulysses S. Grant – Rice pudding
- Zachary Taylor – Creole food
- Grover Cleveland – Corned beef and cabbage
- Abraham Lincoln – Chicken Fricassee
- Herbert Hoover – Virginia ham, corn soup, potato soup
- Franklin Delano Roosevelt – Scrambled eggs, fish chowder, grilled cheese sandwiches
- John F Kennedy – New England clam chowder (Who would have guessed?)
- Ronald and Nancy Reagan – Mac and cheese oh!… and Jelly Belly jelly beans
- Bill Clinton – Enchiladas, ribs, hamburgers, pie
- Barack Obama – Broccoli, Salmon, and Trail Mix
They all pretty much love ICE CREAM!!!….